The 2015 Global Business Summit on Early Childhood Investments was a major gathering of 250 business people, policymakers, and early childhood development experts. The purpose? To showcase how the private sector is leading the way in advancing early childhood development and education around the world.
This event equipped business people with effective ways to expand support for young children at the community, state, national, and international level, and provided valuable networking opportunities with high-profile business leaders from around the globe. Central themes included new evidence that establishes early childhood as the foundation for a culture of health and international leadership for early childhood.
Some of the nearly 40 speakers at the Global Business Summit on Early Childhood included Former CEO of P&G and ReadyNation member John Pepper, Dr. Ellen Frede of The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Dr. Risa Lavizzo-Mourey, President and CEO, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Representative Stephanie Garcia Richards(D-NM), Pia Britto, Senior Advisor on Early Childhood Development at UNICEF, among other prominent business leaders and childhood development experts.
ReadyNation thanks the following sponsors for their generous support of the 2015 Global Business Summit on Early Childhood Investments: Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Read Aloud 15 MINUTES, VROOM, Eli Lilly & C., Primrose Schools, Clark-Fox Family Foundation, David & Laura Merage Foundation, Scholastic, KPMG, Kaplan, and Roy Bostock.
- Jack Brennan, Chairman Emeritus and Senior Advisor, Vanguard
- Candace Kendle, Former CEO, Kendle International; President, Read Aloud 15 MINUTES National Campaign
- Roberto Llamas, Executive Vice President of HR & Community Empowerment, Univision Communications Inc.
- P. Scott Ozanus, Deputy Chairman and COO, KPMG LLP
- Fionnuala Walsh, Senior Vice President, Global Quality, Eli Lilly and Company
- Sharon Doherty, Director of Group Organisation and People Development, Vodafone Group Services Limited (UK)
- Robert H. Dugger, Managing Partner, Hanover Provident Capital;
- Kim Fortunato, Director of Healthy Communities, Campbell Soup Company
- George Halvorson, Former Chairman and CEO, Kaiser Permanente; Chair, California’s First 5 Commission; Member, ReadyNation CEO Task Force on Early Childhood
- Michelle Powers, Executive Vice President of Human Resources, Corporate Affairs, and Administration, Crayola, LLC.
- Shannon Boxx, Three-time Olympic Gold Medalist, Four-time World Cup Team member, 2015 World Cup Gold Medalist
- Scott Roley, Founder, The Franklin Table
- Lt. General Norman Seip (USAF, Ret), a retired three-star general and former Commander 12th Air Force and Commander Air Forces South
- Gregory A. Thomas, National President, National Organization of Black Law Enforcement
- Dr. Patricia Kuhl and Dr. Andrew Meltzoff, co-directors of the University of Washington Institute for Learning and Brain Sciences
- Gideon Badagawa, Director, Private Sector Foundation Uganda
- Daryl Brewster, CEO, Committee Encouraging Corporate Philanthropy
- Pia Britto, Senior Advisor on Early Childhood Development, UNICEF
- Claudia Costin, Senior Director, Education, World Bank Group
- Max Crowley, National Institutes of Health Fellow, Duke University
- Rob Dugger, Managing Partner, Hanover Provident Capital, Advisory Board Chair, ReadyNation
- Michael Feigelson, Executive Director, Bernard van Leer Foundation
- The Honorable Stephanie Garcia Richard, Representative, State of New Mexico
- Ellen Galinsky, President and Co-Founder, Families and Work Institute
- Elizabeth Huntley, Attorney, Lightfoot Law; Author, More Than a Bird
- Sarah Jackson OBE, CEO, Working Families (UK)
- Simon Kuper, Journalist, Financial Times
- Dr. James S. Marks, MD, MPH, Executive Vice President, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Edward Melhuish, Professor, Oxford University
- Norbert Schady, Principal Economic Advisor, Social Sector, Inter-American Development Bank
- Joe Waters, Vice President, Institute for Child Success
- Sheena Wright, President and CEO, United Way of New York City
- The Honorable Monica Youngblood, Representative, State of New Mexico